Monday 17 June 2013

Something, something, something, you haven't written a post in two years...

The title sums it up, I've been away doing stuff.

Not the sort of stuff where you emigrate, not the sort of stuff where you have a new child, not even the sort of stuff where you suddenly decide you hate 40k. I've been doing the same stuff I've been doing for the past 29 years. If anything I've been playing more 40k than ever before due to joining a club -  ensuring I get a regular dose of weekly plastic crack (without the annoyance of having to clear my own tables away).

So why have I left it almost two years without a post? Well, for one I'm a lazy bastard. Secondly, 6th edition came along and changed everything - I was suddenly floundering in a sea of overwatch and random charge distances and not being able to charge off an outflank (my Wolf Scouts are now working in Burger King). Thirdly, on joining the club I've had a bit more of an outlet for my feverish 40k based mind-guffs. After such a long time I've decided that these mind-guffs need more space to breathe...

I'm back, all full of gusto and bluster and rude words, ready to once again talk a lot of balls about the hobby that takes up pretty much all of my spare time (and a lot of my 'making tea' time at work). So, you may ask, what am I actually going to try and squeeze into this tiny slab of internet that I call my own*? The usual cathartic, self-aggrandising free therapy that everyone puts up! Oh yeah and batreps, tactica, musings and pictures of minis**.

Please enjoy this symbolic picture of Magical Trevor being back and having a new trick...






*  Dear Google, please don't strike me down.
**Apologies in advance for any loss of vision caused by my painting, yes it really is that bad.



1 comment:

  1. Dear Martyn,

    We will strike you down.

    Yours,
    Google

    ReplyDelete